The Annual JIE Engineers' Week is the premier event for Engineers across the Caribbean and the region interested in professional growth and innovation.
It is with great pleasure that we welcome on board the Institution of Structural Engineers and the Professional Engineers Registration Board who will collaborate efforts with the JIE in presenting an impressive program of events for this year's conference, covering a wide range of topics relevant to engineers and the public at large. We expect to receive a number of high-level representatives from academia and industry practitioners who will present on topics including energy, structural engineering, infrastructure planning and development, design and manufacturing, contract administration and procurement, electronics and ethics in engineering.
- To advance the understanding and application of engineering with respect to development through engineering innovations.
- To promote the exchange of technical, scientific and professional knowledge on engineering innovations, to better serve the interests and welfare of JIE members, the engineering profession in general and the public in Jamaica and the wider Caribbean.
The target audience shall be engineers and related professionals engaged in professional activities related to the delivery of Engineering projects, the control of public finances and the design, construction, operation or maintenance of infrastructure.
Why attend Engineers' Week ConferenceEngineers' Week is undoubtedly an exciting event which will present endless opportunities such as:
- Excellent networking opportunities with potential clients and project leaders
- Understanding local and regional issues, solutions and lessons learnt
- Identifying potentials for growth going forward
- Information sharing
Engineers' Week Expo
A key part of the activities for Engineers' week will be the exhibition booths which will open for viewing on Monday September 18 during the week's opening ceremony at The Knutsford Court Hotel and remain in place until Wednesday September 20. These booths will be visible to conference participants during the conference and to the general public between the hours of 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. from Monday to Wednesday.
This year, the booths will provide an even greater prospect for companies to showcase their products and engage in face to face discussions with conference attendees and key industry players.